The Office of the Provincial Treasurer is concerned with the implementation of policies, rules and regulations in local government finance that would promote the financial stability and growth of the Province and its municipalities and develop their potentials for accelerating national development. It exercises technical supervision over the seventeen (17) municipalities and such other functions as provided by law or by higher authority.
In line with the above mandate, we, at the Provincial Treasurer's Office together with the seventeen (17) Municipal Treasurer's Office, this Province, and other co-revenue generating offices, with the full support of the Provincial Officials and to the respective Municipal Mayors of the seventeen (17) municipalities, have undertaken effective tax collection strategies to improve the collection efficiency of the concerned LGUs
The Function of Provincial Treasurer's Office are as follows:
In coordination with LGU's/Barangay constituency, PEO is committed to be responsive in providing Engineering and Technical Support and act as a frontline Office of the Province of Surigao del Sur for infrastructure development.
- Advise the governor, as the case may be, the sanggunian, and other local government and national officials concerned regarding disposition of local government funds and on such other matters relative to public finance;
- Take custody and exercise proper management of the funds of the local government unit concerned;
- Take charge of the disbursement of all local government funds and such other funds the custody of which may be entrusted to him by law or other competent authority;
- Inspect private commercial and industrial establishments within the jurisdiction of the local government unit concerned in relation to the implementation of tax ordinances, pursuant to the provisions under Book II of this code;
- Maintain and update the tax information system of the local government unit;
- In the case of the provincial treasurer, exercise technical supervision over all treasury offices of component cities and municipalities; and
- Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as may be prescribed by law or ordinance.