The Provincial Planning and Development Office (PPDO) is responsible for:
- Formulation of plans and programs as guiding tools in the development efforts of the province;
- Carry out initiatives in sourcing out funding from national/international program partners;
- Prepares/Updates Socio-Economic Profile of the Province in support to various planning and project development activities;
- Prepares annual report of the Province;
- Prepares proposals/feasibility study/PCIP/project brief for project development;
- Conduct monitoring & evaluation of project under consideration; (on-going/completed)
- Serves as Secretariat to the Provincial Development Council;
- Performs coordinative functions on special projects and sport development province wide.
- To integrate and coordinate all sectoral plans and studies undertaken by the different functional groups or agencies;
- To provide data/information to the general public as repository of data of the provincial government;
- To gather and consolidate accomplishment reports of all provincial agencies to come up with Local Government Annual Accomplishment Report of the province;
- To conduct research and studies to evolve plans and programs for implementation;
- To monitor and evaluate the implementation of programs and projects under consideration;
- To provide technical support services to the Provincial Development Council;
- To coordinate in the implementation of foreign assisted programs and projects.
A premiere planning arm of the Province of Surigao del Sur, manned with competent technical staff, equipped with crisp data and latest trends of technology, who are harmoniously working together in the preparation of various plans, designed for the inclusive economic growth of the Province of Surigao del Sur
PPDO shall provide updated Socio-Economic Profile of the Province and Provincial Development Physical Framework Plan (PDPFP), review other related plans, conduct continuing research studies pertaining to the economic condition of the Province and served as Secretariat of the Provincial Development Council (PDC).
- Intensify poverty alleviation initiatives
- Source out funds from other international institutional partners
- Take lead in the institutionalization of disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptive capability measures
- Support peace advocacies and work out for zero criminality and drug free communities in the Province, in its pursuit to attain peaceable communities
- Strengthen Comprehensive Sports Development Initiative Province wide