This is the office of the chief executive of the provincial government. It takes under its general supervision all offices of the executive branch through the Provincial Administrator. It has a direct supervision to the PGO Staff who is a mixture of permanent organic, detailed and co-terminus employees.
This Office is headed by the Provincial Governor himself who is an elected official.
Duties and Functions:
The provincial governor, as the chief executive of the provincial government, exercises and performs the following powers and functions:
- Exercise general supervision and control over all programs, projects, services, and activities of the provincial government;
- Enforce all laws and ordinances relative to the governance of the province and the exercise of the appropriate corporate powers, implement all approved policies, programs, projects, services and activities of the province;
- Initiate and maximize the generation of resources and revenues, and apply the same to the implementation of development plans, program objectives and priorities, particularly those resources and revenues programmed for agro-industrial development and country-wide growth and progress;
- Ensure the delivery of basic services and the provision of adequate facilities; and
- Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as may be prescribed by law or ordinance.
Mandates and Function:
The Provincial Governor's Office serves as the primary overseer of all the executive departments & offices in the Provincial Capitol. The major functions are the following:
- Acts as backbone of the Governor in providing globally-competitive, effective and efficient delivery of basic services to the public;
- Provides aid to indigents, NGOs, and other local government units through medical, public infrastructure and financial assistance;
- Coordinates with local, national and foreign agencies, media outfits and the private sector for appointments and other communication requirements to and from the Governor;
- As a team, works in ensuring special support services to the Governor through an effective security force and executive assistance.
- Coordinates with other departments of the provincial government for matters/documents requiring the Governor's approval.
Program and Services:
- Granting of Aid to Groups and Individuals
- - As Local Chief Executive, the Governor extends assistance to groups and individuals in the province in the area of community and sports development. Financial and material assistance is granted to projects and undertakings that promote the interest of the greater majority.
- Facilitating the Provision of Social Services
- - In partnership with the Provincial Social Welfare and Development Office (PSWDO), the PGO Staff is tasked to facilitate social services delivery through the following functions:
- Provision of medicine aid, wheelchair, eyeglasses and other medical equipment (nebulizer, crutches, etc.) to poor but deserving Surigaonons;
- Provision of medical and laboratory work ups such as CT Scan, endoscopy, ultrasound, etc;
- Provision of referrals to hospitals and social services institution;
- Approval of requests for financial assistance on matters such as hospitalization, burial, medication requiring protocol treatment, transportation assistance, drug rehabilitation, etc.
- Management of Financial Transaction
- Monitors the receiving, inspection and releasing of FINANCIAL documents for the Governor's signature (Vouchers, Payroll, Checks, POs of various departments and agencies);
- Manages vouchers for Gov's approval (preparation, processing of vouchers for Meals, Flowers, Supplies, Telephone Billings and other Financial Documents - internal to PGO-Staff);
- Monitors the receiving, inspection and releasing of FINANCIAL documents for the Governor's signature (Aid to Indigent: Medical and Various Donations, Non Medical)
- Provision of Administrative and Technical Support to the Governor
- Receives, reviews and releases documents for Governor's signature (MOA, Memoranda, Communications, Permits, Resolutions, Certificates, etc.);
- Receives and Manages Internal Documents / Concerns for corresponding action or notation;
- Monitors the preparation or drafting of correspondence including but not limited to letter, referral, recommendation, endorsement, and other official communications;
- Monitors the receiving/drafting of the following documents: Messages of the Governor, Speeches of the Governor, Executive Order, Oath of Office/Certificates, Authority to Travel, etc.;
- Monitors, reviews and updates the tracking number of PGO-Memo
- Monitors and manages appointments/invitations of the Governor;
- Facilitation of meeting to discuss and/or resolve official matter or concern of the management;
- Leads in the facilitation of special events or projects relative to management;
- Assists in the facilitation of Lakbay-Aral Activities (Foreign and Local Visitors of the Province);
- The Province of Surigao del Sur is often visited by visitors from all over the country and abroad to witness the various successful programs, reforms in the government and tourist attractions in the province. This office serves as the coordinating agency for these visits specifically the scheduling and approval of the Governor;
- Ensuring the Security of the Governor.
PGO-Staff is also involved from time to time, in Special Projects of the Provincial Government particularly, in unprogrammed activities and events. The support extended is mostly coordinative.