Equipped with an accurate and dependable tax base in real property tax to sustain the fiscal stability of the Province of Surigao del Sur to optimize its development thru a dedicated and committed personnel who attained the highest level of performance readily responsive to the diversified needs of stakeholders in real estate sector and the general clientele.
To comprehensively conduct assessment of real properties taxable or exempt in the 17 municipalities of the Province of Surigao del Sur, install an electronic data base for fast generation of tax assessments and expeditious retrieval of statistical information, assessment records and documents, and enhance the performance of personnel thru values and technological skills learning interventions.
- The assessor shall take charge of the assessor's office, perform the duties provided for under Book II of this Code (LGC of 1991), and shall:
- Ensure that all laws and policies governing the appraisal and assessment of real properties for taxation purposes are properly executed;
- Initiate, review, and recommend changes in policies and objectives, plans and programs, techniques, procedures and practices in the valuation and assessment of real properties for taxation purposes;
- Establish a systematic method of real property assessment;
- Install and maintain a real property identification and accounting system;
- Prepare, install and maintain a system of tax mapping, showing graphically all property subject to assessment and gather all data concerning the same;
- Conduct frequent physical surveys to verify and determine whether all real properties within the province are properly listed in the assessment rolls;
- Exercise the functions of appraisal and assessment primarily for taxation purposes of all real properties in the local government unit concerned;
- Prepare a schedule of the fair market value for the different classes of real properties, in accordance with Title Two under Book II of this Code (LGC of 1991);
- Issue, upon request of any interested party, certified copies of assessment records of real property and all other records relative to its assessment, upon payment of a service charge or fee to the treasurer;
- Submit every semester a report of all assessments, as well as cancellations and modifications of assessments to the local chief executive and the sanggunian concerned;
- In the case of the assessor of a component city or municipality attend, personally or through an authorized representative, all sessions of the local board of assessment appeals whenever his assessment is the subject of the appeal, and present or submit any information or record in his possession as may be required by the board; and,
- In the case of the provincial assessor, exercise technical supervision and visitorial functions over all component city and municipal assessors, coordinate with component city or municipal assessors in the conduct of tax mapping operations and all other assessment activities, and provide all forms of assistance therefor: Provided, however, That, upon full provision by the component city or municipality concerned to its assessor's office of the minimum personnel, equipment, and funding requirements as may be prescribed by the Secretary of Finance, such functions shall be delegated to said city of municipal assessor.
- Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as may be prescribed by law or ordinance.
Surigao del Sur
|Tax Mapping||Appraisal||Tax History||Vicinity Map|
|Certificate of Aggregate
-No Land Holding
|Certified copy of Tax Declaration
|Certification, Annotation, and Cancellation
|Appraisal of Real Property subject for Acquisition by the Government|